MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

12 January 2006

Still Lost

I love Lost. Its a great show, with great character development and some pretty interesting plotlines. For an amusing recap of last nite's show, go visit Chase every Thursday morning. Even if you don't watch the show, go visit Chase. He's a hoot.

The one thing I don't like about Lost - it's the one show I can't knit while watching. There is just too much going on, and much of it very subtle and fleeting. If I don't knit at nite, I feel like I've left some major part of my evening routine undone. Uncomfortable feeling, that. Like when I forget to put my underwear on before my pants. So I knit like crazy during the commercials, and usually end up frogging everything the next day. Its a crazy process, but it works for me.

I've been working on some intarsia knitting that I've frogged four times already. Its for an ecksmas stocking that I was requested to make. It's kinda like this, but not. In any event, I have 14 (FOURTEEN!!!) dingle balls of colors going on. Didn't bother to wind them on bobbins, b/c, as we all know, I DON'T NEED NO STINKIN BOBBINS!, so I have baggies to try and keep them from unwinding. One of these days, I'm gonna learn me how to wind a center-pull ball, and that will show all y'all.

I feel kinda funky. I know we have the "long weekend" coming up, but it's preceded by Friday the 13th. How good of a weekend can we expect?! Somewhat inauspicious beginning. But, after the chaos of the holidaze, it'll be good to have some time to just chillllll....

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

when i grow the cojones necessary to attempt intarsia (and also am able to knit at all) i will be looking to you for guidance.

oh yes i will.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I attempted intarsia before I knew it took balls. I swear, the more I learn about something, the worse off I am. But hey, if you're willing to take instruction from a self-taught, don't even know what my cast-on is called, never do a gauge swatch, and don't know why I can't substitute a pretty, shiny yarn for the wool called for in the pattern, then I say, BRING ON THE MARTINIS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home