MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

27 December 2005

Caveat Emptor

And another thing, DON'T BUY FROM RED ENVELOPE.

Really. Y'all know the trouble I had finding something appropriate for my boss. Well, I finally decided on something and ordered in what should have been PLENTY of time to take receipt by the holidays. Guess what? Holidays are well over, and I had NOTHING on Friday. Fortunately, there's a gift shop in our building and I was able to quickly purchase and wrap a few holiday goodies. But I still felt like such a heel, b/c he always gifts the greatest stuff.

I sent the company the following email (as well as cc'd all my friends), and if you have any questions, let me know. I'd be more than happy to expound. . .


"I must say I'm very disappointed with your service. I placed my "Christmas" order on Dec. 16, plenty of time to get it out to me before the holiday. I paid extra for expedited delivery. Because it showed as "waiting to be shipped" on the package tracking, I spoke with Customer Service on the 19th, who assured me I would have my package before the holiday, that there was some "snafu at the warehouse", and that the package would be expedited to ensure timely delivery. I now see from the package tracking that it will not be delivered until the 27th, at the earliest. Just horrible, for many reasons. Now I have nothing to give to my boss, but I could have gotten something last night, had I known. I've always liked your stock and have ordered (and requested) items from you before, but this is just awful and I am terribly disappointed. Your inability to respond as necessary to the expected holiday rush has led me to vow that I will NEVER again place an order with your company, and I will warn all my friends and family to do the same. I can't tell you how disappointed I am. An organization that touts itself as superlative among the many companies that place online orders should be expected to do much better."

They have great stuff, but DAMN, I'm MAD!!!!

In response, one of my best friends told me she had a similar experience - "same thing happened to me. they said it was sent. lost my order. and never notified me. I was quite embarassed when I found out months later that they never got anything. i refuse to order from them ever again."

Sad. Guess I have to do all my shopping at MalWart.

3 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

no one had any luckthis year.

will you be there tomorrow?

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Chase Squires said...

What's "red envelope?"

I'm hopelessly uncool .. then again, I did manage to avoid the "curse of the red envelope"

so, well, there's that.

I guess.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Miss K - SORRY! Eight (8!) loads of laundry were calling my name. But looks like you guys had lots o' fun. Next week FER SURE!

:) Chase - www.redenvelope.com I tried to link to the post, but screwed sumpthin up. (what else is new?!) And you're not uncool. I think yer kinda kewt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home