MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

09 October 2007

Saga of the Saggy Bobbles

well, I messed up the pattern, so I ripped out the swatch.

That felt goooooooooooooooooood.

Lisa D and Judy Sumner recommended I try wrapping the bobbles; unfortunately, I didn't get their advice until after I began again. Sure, I'll begin again, again. (Not!)

JenL recommended I actually do some research on the subject. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. So cute. Actually, I did go to Annie's blog - I haven't been there in a while and I sure to enjoy the reading. But no bobble-vice to be found.

Annika posited a truly revolutionary idea - why not do the opposite of what I was doing, since what I was doing rendered the opposite of what I wanted?! The sheer beauty and simplicity astounded me. (In other words, I had a Homer Simpson "D'OH!" moment.) It worked beautifully. They say having a baby gives you mommy brain. Clearly, this is not the case for Sam's mom.

Pretty new knit side



And pretty new purl (you can't even see the backside of the bobbles).


I wonder if this is what the insides of my boobs look like?

In other news, we have elevators in the office building that no doubt are ADA compliant. We have had these new elevators for (6? 8?) months, now. When the doors open, a sultry woman's voice announces whether the elevator cab is going up or down. EVERY time she announces, "Going DOWN", I think "That's what HE said!"

Will that ever get old?!

3 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger jenna! said...

No, it will *never* get old. When I worked in the towers I giggled everytime I went down. And, everytime I got into the elevator with one of my co-workers, we'd always repeat the "going down" in our own immitation of the elevator chick. The best is when you arrive at your floor and she says the number...I don't know, she sounds just a wee scared.

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa. I can't believe it worked.

And fear not - I totally have mommy brain. This was just an idiot savant moment.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Psychomom said...

I've never bobbled but yours are looking nice and perky.

Thanks for the flash from the past..Going Down?

"Love in an Elevator, Living it up when I'm goin down."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home