MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

12 September 2007

What Next?!

I am so sick of construction, I may actually pop a vessel. Seriously. I think the demo started on our office buildings. . . what, maybe 3 or 4 years ago? And they ARE STILL BUILDING. First, they put up the new CAA building, which doesn't look drastically different from the previously-existing building, but I *know* its a whole new building because we had to live through the demo and build-up. [Actually, I almost died during it - a spike came flying off the demo one day when I was out knitting, and narrowly missed my head. For reals. It crashed into the bank glass wall about five feet away and shattered it.] It's like that old Steven Wright joke - The other day somebody stole everything in my apartment and replaced it with an exact replica... When my roommate came home I said, "Roommate, someone stole everything in our apartment and replaced it with an exact replica." He looked at me and said, "Do I know you?"

I LOVE Steven Wright. I HATE the construction.

First they took away my little plaza where I could sit and knit and read or whatever, and fenced it off. Then they replaced it with a restaurant. Then they took away the restaurant, fenced it off again, and completely tore up the area, so I couldn't even borry the outside tables and chairs. Finally, they opened up a little "park like" area (their description, not mine), which would be okay, but the tables and chairs they have there are cafe-type, with little, tiny feet, which don't work so well with the rolling landscaping. But I *was* getting used to it, when I came out today and was confronted with this.



I tell you, I was seriously close to going postal when I first saw it. But then I noticed that some of the folks that were working on it had on "event staff" shirts.

PHEW. It's only an Emmy Party!!!! Hell, they could have Ryan fricking Seacrest here and I don't mind, as long as it will go away fairly quickly.

Because they still have another good year or two to go to finish rebuilding our lobby, which looks suspiciously similar to the previous lobby. Only different.



Oh, and yesterday's post? It was indeed curling ribbon knit with sharpened pencils (which I think are about US8s). It turned out surprisingly loverly. I'm thinking about doing it again, with beads...

Ed. to Note: CRAP. Looks like there's even MORE CONSTRUCTION lurking in my future. And also? We're "blighted". I've lived in this area for 10 years, and I didn't even know that. With that kind of reputation, you'd think I could get a 2-BR for less than $2k/month!

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

We left your office complex 3-1/2 years ago, just before the contstruction on the CAA bldg. began. The park area does look nice. I'll have to sneak over and visit one of these days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home