MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

21 September 2007

I Swear, It's The BOOTS!

That's right - I said BOOTS.

It all started with the change in weather. Autumn is here, despite what all non-SoCal folks say about us not having seasons. I had to turn my fan to the lowest setting, it's getting darker earlier, and I've contemplated returning to sweatpants. Despite my reluctance to let go of the summer, I pulled out The Boots.

Now, these are very special Boots. They are not my everyday, wear with mini-skirts or blue jeans, Sketcher platform workboots, scuffed and scratched from wearing every winter day for the last 3 years. These are Sexy Boots. Hot Boots. Boots that I loved so much from the first time I saw them, I bought TWO pairs. Good thing, too, since someone did something that BROKE one of those Boots. Not that I'm complaining. But that's a story for another time and place.

No, these boots have a 4" skinny heel, a large silver buckle, and silver tacking around the edges. I love these Boots. When I put them on, I am magically transformed to a sexy little beasty. And the powers of these Boots reach far beyond me - I first brought them back out on Wednesday. And lo, I received a call from a friend I haven't heard from in months. Just thinking about me. Co-inky-dink? I don't think so.

On the drive home, I was hit upon by some handsome stranger. Not a(n obvious) freak, not a homeless guy, not a guy for whom English is a second (or non-) language. A good looking, well-spoken, reasonably entertaining gentleman. First time I've enjoyed traffic.

I had such a positive day, that I dared wear The Boots again on Thursday. This time, at lunch, when usually NO ONE dares talk to me (even the people that know me!), I was engaged in conversation with a young (too young) man. And I really think that he was hitting on me as well.

Then I went to Back-To-School night at WMG's school. I don't know about you, but we never had teachers that look like this when I was in school.



Seriously. If he looks this good in pictures taken with a cell phone under covert operating procedures with the Jman acting as cover, then you can imagine how good he looks in person. All that and brains too. (No, he didn't hit on me or nuthin; but come parent-teacher conference time, I'm for sure wearing The Boots again!!!)

Today I'm back to jeans and the Sketchers. That's just too much power to take lightly.

Happy Weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home