MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

10 August 2007

Scene Around L.A.

I guess it's true what they say:


No one needs the Maytag Repairman (scroll to the bottom for a link to the old, OLD commercials) anymore.

Also? If you're into it, they will be filming Will Smith's latest movie nearby (actually, right between FatCatLawFirm and the Cube Farm!) tomorrow. I have a make-up class for my training (hey, firemen. Yay!), so I can't be there, but if you're in the area, it will be filming on Avenue of the Stars in front of the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza Hotel at the corner of Avenue of the Stars and Constellation.

Happy Weekend.

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger carlita dee said...

I need the Maytag dude like a mofo. Everything seems to be on the skids around here.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Yeah, I saw the sign on the Maytag place last week. We used to vote inside that store. It was great. While we were waiting in line to vote, we could catch up on all the latest washing machine and dryer models. Sigh.

I wonder what will take Maytag's place? Hopefully, not another electronics store or car repair place! Wouldn't it be nice to have another little restaurant like The Bloom Cafe? Time will tell...

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Nutella Nutterson said...

I drove through the film shoot that day (thinking AotS was going to be a shortcut) and I knew it must have been something massive shooting- thanks for finding out what it was!

And from a couple posts later, I'm totally with ya on the construction taking a bazillion years. I know they had to take it apart piece by piece because of the parking garage below, but dear lord, THIS was the grand plan after all that time?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home