I am too verbose. Which is why I never maintained friendships as a child when my family moved from place to place - I would start to write a letter and end up detailing every miniscule thought and circumstance, and by the time I got to the 4th page of the handwritten single-spaced missive, I just said, "F*ck it", and went on.
In both high school and college papers, I was reprimanded for going OVER the page limit. By the time I got to grad school, I learned to curb my yammering (somewhat).
One reason I don't post as often as I'd like to is because I start describing things and feel I should tell the entire backstory and get so bogged down with the minutae I begin to wonder who in the HECK would want to read all this crap?! and give up and go home. I know. Already I've lost you.
So I'm trying a new tact: Listing.
1. The Egg and Sperm Donors - after thinking I was granted a reprieve, they showed up on Sunday at our CLA, *just* after I dropped Unca Douggles and the Wee Monkey Gurl off at the theater. They would rather miss seeing their granddaughter than have to endure 5 minutes with the Unca. Whatever.
2. Their Progeny - since I thought I was going to see the Brothers and my one In-Law, I finished a pair of knucks for Sandy (Kev's wife). They ended up quite nicely, out of Twizé Twing, to which I added a beaded skull-n-cross bones (chart courtesy of Severina, which is possibly the best S&C chart EVER. Simple, but effective.
WMG wanted them (natch), but they were too big.
L'egg donor (who is very disenchanted with her only daughter-in-law - god only knows why) decided they were too good for Sandy, but perfect for her. Seriously. She absconded with them. She who usually sniffs at my "little knitting", grabbed them like they were the golden fleece and would not let go. The thought of her wearing a skull design was amusing enough to let her have them.
Plus, she scares me and I was afraid she'd physically injure me if I tried to get them back. (She's little, but she fights dirty!)
3. My Girl Boss had a birthday. She's the one that saw the knucks I knit for my use in the office in Regia Bamboo (they look like a party on my hands), and said, "Oh, gosh, those are really great. Really, Really great. Those sure are great." Also, she's the One Person in the office that is cold as often as I am. She wears a lot of brown, so I knit her knucks in Debbie Bliss baby cash in a rich, dark chocolate color.
I have no patience for patterned embroidery, so I did some "free form" stuff (doesn't that make me sound crafty?!)
I was kinda going for a cherry blossom thang.
5. It was also my niece's birthday. Guess what? She got knucks. She loves dogs. I thought I had a pic, but maybe not. They are in LB Microspun in a beautiful royal blue, with "DAWG LUVR" on the fingers, and little puppy buttons on the hand part. Of course, she loved them. :)
6. I've been feeling charitable. So I knit up some headbands for an
Irish dance troup. They were a fun diversion. Very easy and fast, so it make me feel like I accomplished something.
7. On Sunday I met some friends from out of town for brunch. The food and atmosphere were both fabulous. Michael Tyson came in midway and sat at a table directly to my right. I didn't believe it was him until he turned to the right and I saw the ink on his face. He is a LOT better looking in real life; or at least, a lot less scary. Afterward, we all wanted to walk the Kinney and Venice Boardwalk. I think *EVERY* Southern Californian needs to hit The Boardwalk at least every year or to so as to remind themself why people living everywhere else in the world think of us the way they do.
8. Although I managed to avoid it for most of the week, I made it to the end of the sale at A Mano. Even at 75% off, I managed to spend a few bucks. But stash enhancement is life, no? It was Jman's first time witnessing yarn procurement. I think he was overwhelmed. But I gotta new toy, and Shannita was nice enough to explain to him why I was so excited. Since I have no current projects (and they only had them in size 0US and 1US, I'm playing with them now. :)
Hmmm. Looks like this listing stuff doesn't abbreviate me much, huh?!