MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

02 March 2007

The Condemned Woman Has Been Granted A Reprieve

Or, "How to fix it so you don't have to go to dinner with your family". (Hey, not everybody can have a family love fest like CAP!)

Thanks, everybody, for your suggestions. The Newsroom sounds like something I would like to do WITHOUT the crazy Donors, so I could enjoy myself! Some other places I was considering were ammo cafe, citizen smith, hollywoodandvine, eat on Sunset, and social hollywood (based on the Strip atmosphere and $$$ ratings), as well as La Boheme, The Terrace (at Sunset Tower), Republic LA and Asia de Cuba (for just the $$$ factor).

HOWEVER, The Donors could not cope when I told them the Unca would be joining us, and used some flimsy excuses (oh, WMG's got too much going on, there's the Marathon going on, Kev says there's no where we could get reserves for Saturday... Blah, blah, blah) to beg off until they come through again in May. Sperm Donor said, "I'm sure the boys can be a little flexible", to which I replied, "Well, they've waited YEARS, they can wait a few more months." HAH. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

So we're probably still going out to dinner on Saturday, just us and Unca Douggles, and probably to one of the Culver City haunts I've been wanting to check out (Ford's Filling Station, maybe?)

But there's one thing that strikes a chord of fear in my heart for tomorrow: "Sale at The Little Knittery - This SATURDAY ONLY I will be putting every ball of yarn in here on sale. 20 to 75% off all yarns!" I've never been to the Little Knittery, and I think I may be up at the crack of dawn (or at least by noon) to go tomorrow!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Blogger WineGrrl said...

Your excuses are nice and valid, especially the LA Marathon one. I don't think you would enjoy dealing with blocked off streets and the, uh, donors at the same time....especially if they are backseat drivers.

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger JenL said...

Congratulations on the reprieve! You must be devastated and heartbroken. Except not.

I can't wait to see pictures of your purchases from the yarn sale.

I went to my local yarn store today, had chat with my dealer, and then left with nothing. I'm still on a shopping hiatus, but that doesn't mean I can't pet the merchandise.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Yeah, every freakin' yarn store in the city is having a sale and I have zero money.

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Dizzy said...

i have no energy to knit right now, and it's very depressing.

i'm glad you got a reprieve. did you know that ford's is owned by harrison's son?

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i hate beta.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) My nice, valid excuses - even tho the Marathon didn't really affect us.

Also, now A Mano is having a sale. 50% is hard to pass up. . .

Oh, and Miss K, I too hate blogger with a passion generally reserved for child molesters and animal abusers. But its free. :S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home