MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

20 February 2007

How I spent the weekend

Giving in to familial pressure, I decided to pack up the Jman, WMG and Jagger dawg and head for San Diego. For the first time in a long time, we didn't have a gazillion commitments to see various branches of the friends and family, so we just spent time with Duggles and his crew.

I ended up biting off more than I could chew
Censoring the annoying kid next door
Chillin' wit da Monkey
And hangin' out wit mah boyeeeez
Good times, folks. Good times.

And the good news is, providing a preponderance of the work doesn't sell out before April, I will have a whole month to peruse the exhibit. And how is this for making art more approachable - when I realized I would not be able to attend the opening, I inquired as to the nature of the refreshments being served. This was the response by the gallery owner/director:

"We have decided that Mermaid Pie is going to be dill tuna sandwiches in pita triangles. For food and beverage at our shows, we always come up with the words first, then decide on what that is going to be later. We have a strict policy to never again serve the cliche of wine and cheese at a gallery opening. Thus, we have gone from Champagne and Mushrooms to Tea and Octopus to Osmanthus and Ambrosia to Afikoman and Wine."

I love a good sense of humor.

5 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

You're cute. And your boys are rude to keep you in the back like that. Nobody puts Monkeygurl in the corner.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

mermaid PIE!

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That cat in the first picture looks annoyed! Why? LOL

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

LA - the boyeeez had me in front, but you know how shy I am. Who knew they were so danged tall?!

Miz K - I KNOW! PIE!!!

Jason - I'm thinking its not the first time he's been through that!

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger carlita dee said...

OK. In the top picture, the cat having his head gnawed doesn't look a bit concerned. But the little one in the background is about to sound the alarm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home