MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

05 February 2007

First, A Poem

Happy Birdday to Me*
I fell out my tree.
Thought I’d go shopping…
What a silly monkey!!!

I went to this store
They had bargains galore
I filled up my basket
But I still wanted more.

Soy silk and silk wool **
I started to drool
Bamboo and some cotton
I looked like a fool.



50% of in back
I had an attack
At $1.79 per ball,
I put 6 in my sack.


I sound like a boor
But I still wanted more
Then came the epiphany
I am a yarn whore.


The lesson, my friend
Now that this poem’s at its end,
Even tho its Super Bowl Sunday
It isn’t a requirement to go off the deep end.

*it wasn't really my birthday DAY, but since the day is on a school day, that was the closest I'm gonna be to celebrating.
** just as a note, these are all vibrant, beautiful colors, it's just that camera phone was doing it's artistic thing again.

11 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

happy birthday???? right now????


oh my god.
good thing i can twirl tassels now.

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

Cripes! Geez, lady! You're almost as bad as me! (I went shopping on Saturday. Post coming up soon.)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! Remember, she who dies with the most yarn, wins! You're on way to becoming a real winner!!!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Oh, I almost went to Unwind yesterday. You should have called me. I hope the back room isn't cleaned out yet.

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo! No gift better than a self-purchased gift... No need to exchange it.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Your yarn looks scrumptious and thank goodness you posted it so I can "shop" vicariously through you. Do you know the willpower it took for me to resist Unwind on Sunday????

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Uccellina said...

Happy happy to you!

 
At 11:56 PM, Blogger JenL said...

Happy Birthday!

I see nothing wrong with being a yarn whore. The question is, have you measured your stash in miles yet?

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger carlita dee said...

Hey, a belated happy b-day to you!

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy! Just read this post. Happy belated B-day!

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger tb said...

Just wanted to tell you it's www.unwindyarn.com .... you linked to a place that sells recliners among other things for unwinding...like at the end of a long day. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home