MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

15 February 2007

BIG Weekend. . .

Okay, we have a three-day weekend coming up, and it's not like I haven't had something to do on previous long weekends, but this one just seems chock FULL of interesting stuff. And of course, I feel obligated to go to SD to visit with family and friends, on top of everything else.

First, there's this art show opening I want to go to. I happened to see a card of the work, and for some reason, I'm drawn to it. I want to go. I want to know what "mermaid sandwiches" are (I can guess as to "amber mead"), and those will be served at the opening. Anyone wanna come with?! Seriously.

Afterward, there is another exhibit that could prove to be interesting. Especially with "several bottles of Icelandic schnapps that made it through customs" being served.

At the same time, a group of folks from the office is going to the house of one crazy attorney (seriously, she is certifiably crazy - crazy rich and crazy in the head)for cocktails before adjourning to the 'hood to see this play. Our word processor played a part in the production and Ol' Crazy Head has really taken him on as her cause célèbre. To be honest, I wanted to see the production anyway, and thought the WMG might enjoy it, but the thought of actually entering the Looney Tunes abode makes it that more attractive. She lives in upper Bel Air and the house is supposed to be spectacular.

And of course, there is the Mardi Gras celebration that
Ellen's been yammering on about. Which looks like its going to be a lot of fun as well. And a festival of sorts... Oh, and let's not forget Momi Lavenders Chinese Pop Glam Winter Bash and other various celebrations of the Lunar New Year. Thank the gods the Dragon Parade & Car Show isn't until NEXT week!

PHEW. I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Mebbe I'll just spend the weekend in bed!

6 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

YAMMERING? I'm YAMMERING!

Definition: bawling, blatant, brawling, clamorous, crying, loudmouthed, noisy, obstreperous, openmouthed, screaming,shouting, vociferous, yapping, yelling,yelping.

I AM NOT YAMMERING!
I'm just excited about Mardi Gras!
Sheesh!

 
At 8:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm tired just looking at all the events about town!

(Note to self: don't refer to Ellen and 'yammering' in the same sentence.)

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Uccellina said...

I would love to go to that art opening - and I bet Husband would want to come too!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Fuck you you femhag cunt bitch right up the fucking ass and cumm all over your haggish face!! Suck my fuking dick and shit and fall back in it!!

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know how I'm spending this three-day weekend?

WORKING. ALL THREE DAYS.

There is no rest for the weary.

Bah.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger JenL said...

So how did you decide to spend your weekend?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home