MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

02 January 2007

HAPPA GNU EAR!

So, I thought I was a 15 y/o boy, then I reverted to being a 12 y/o girl. Now, I'm back to being a 15 y/o boy. The Jman saw "Eragon" (the book) at Costco and bought it for me. Despite it being classified as "juvenile" literature, I'VE BEEN SUCKED IN!!! Now I *know* I will never see the movie, because CGI just can never compare with E Magi Nation. Granted, it *is* juvenile literature - obvious, clichéd and predictable, but I still love it. I love dragons; always have, always will. And it doesn't hurt that this particular dragon is one of extreme intelligence and mystery, and she is of the deepest color blue. . .

I hope everyone had a safe and sane New Years' celebration. I know I did - we watched "Shaggy Dog" on On Demand© (gawd, I love that!), then gave kisses and hugs at midnight. I made up little wish bags for us to put under our pillows - dollars for wealth, a vitamin for health (had to borrow WMG's; hmmm... might have to get me some o' my own...), an angel coin for blessings, and some form of good luck charm (horseshoe for the Jman, 4-leaf clover for the WMG and the kanji symbol for luck for me) - so we can have all of that in the new year. MEWP's bag is pink gauze with pink beads, so she was purty happy about that.

In the spirit of NY's resolutions, I got some containers for yarn overrun. Currently they're sitting in the middle of the living room floor, but hopefully one day they will be used for their intended purpose. . .

And in the spirit of a totally MELLOW New Years, I completely forgot about Faith's New Years Day partay. Complete and total brain fart. I remembered it friday nite (warned the Jman that I'd be at a biker/leather party!), and then the brain cloud that descended immediately wiped it from my memory until this morning as I was driving to work. And I'm really, really bummed. Because (1) I love Faith; (b) it's not often that I get to go to a party with a bunch of Harley riders in full regalia; and (iii) I am *SO* excited about Faith's new house and I could not wait to see it! Oy. Way to start the new year off.

Instead, I did 6 loads of laundry and cleaned out the WMG's drawers. Wooo-hoo!!!

9 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the wish bags. You're so cool.
I'm sure Faith will entertain again. It is a lovely home, though.

 
At 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monkey Gurrrl,

On Crazy Aunt Purl you said you have seen a pattern and a kit for knitted wine bottle covers. I would love it if you would post more info on this. I am a wine drinkin' knitter.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We missed you at Faith's and Michael's house. It was a great party and their new house rocks!!!
Happy New Year!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

LA and Ellen - You'll have to tell me all about it. You *know* I'm tired when I miss a SnB AND a house party!!!

Anon - T'wasn't me. I'm morally and philosophically opposed to wine cozies, but I have seen a few on the web. Check out www.knittingpatterncentral.com.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, buying lots of plastic containers and organizing my hobbies is on my New Year's To-Do list too. Thanks for the reminder!

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry Monkeygurrrl, I thought this was you:

Posted by: MonkeyGurrl at November 30, 2006 11:35 AM

Any knitting is good knitting. Doesn't matter if it's buffalo down or yard-sale acrylic, it's all good. And it doesn't matter if it's a Fair Isle sweater that would make Alice Starmore crazed with envy or a wine bottle cover made to look like a poodle. And yes, I saw not only a pattern, but a KIT for said wine bottle covers. I think my grandmother had those. She certainly had the cutesy covers for the spare rolls of toilet paper. Lorelai Gilmore sure wouldn't knit those. Would she?

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Anon!!! I stand corrected. That *was* me. Unfortunately, I have no idea what I was smoking, er, surfing that day! But I'm guessing crafter or ebay. I'll give a look-see and if I find something, I'll post it.

 
At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Wyld said...

why

 

Post a Comment

<< Home