MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

28 December 2006

I Thought I Was A 15-Year Old Boy

Of all the movies that are being premiered these days, the one I was most excited about was this. Hey, dragons, wizards, magic - I am ALL OVER that. Plus it doesn't hurt to have John Friggin Malkovich or Jeremy Irons starring in your movie. But that's just an excuse - I'd see it if it starred Al Franken and Ronald Reagan.

HOWEVER, I saw a commercial for a movie last nite that changed my POA (plan of attack) completely. It has everything I *hate* in a movie: an "actress" I can't stand, a child molester, infidelity, soccer moms with mini vans, etc., etc. But, DUUUUUUUUDE. It stars Jackie Earle Haley!!!


My first love. Kelly Leak, the OG Bad News Bear. I was so in lust with his air-hockey-playin', 13 y/o cigarette-smokin', motorcycle (okay, dirt bike) ridin', skinny little ass. I was 12 when that movie came out, and I think it made an indelible impact on me.

After that, no respectable Izod-wearing, checker-playing, polite-talking goody two-shoes ever stood a chance with me. Bad Boyeez 4 EVAH!!!

And you know what? He still looks goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!!!


He's still a bad boy. :) He's been out of The Biz for years, but his performance in this movie (and in this little movie) has gotten raves.

I've always wondered what ever happened to my first love (he's delivered pizza, driven a limo, had a couple of kids, and started a successful commercial production company). It's kinda like cyberstalking your highschool sweetheart, but this goes well beyond that. You go, Jackie. I still love you.

2 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and me, MG. Jackie was always my fave.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

that movie (little children) is supposed to be excellent, and the guy who wrote the book? i know him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home