MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

02 October 2006

What a Life!

Due to circumstances much beyond my control, it turned out I didn't leave for San Diego on Friday nite. I spent the time, instead, doing some much needed laundry and getting even more needed sleep. I needed the sleep so much that, thinking I would have plenty of time to make it to San Diego in time for the party, I did nothing to prepare. Boy was I bummed when I woke up THREE HOURS after the alarm went off. Ooopsie.

However, since I had sent the Jman and WeeMonkeyGurl along ahead (Friday night), I got to make my inaugural journey to San Diego in the new car. I am happy to report she performed admirably. And it was saaaa-weeeeeet to drive down the coast in a convertible! I had the tunes blastin, the wind in my hair, and not much traffic for 3/4ths of the way there! Taking the toll road, there were times when I inadvertently let her coast upwards of 90 mph. OOOPSIE AGAIN. But I tried to keep it under control. (It really wasn't easy.)

Meanwhile, of course, I am having cell phone photo issues. I tried to participate in Uccellina's fuckling contest, but cingular.com is preventing that. Which is a mixed blessing, because my contribution is poor, at best. STILL.

I will be investigating the source of the problem and hopefully update with PICTURES, because, as we all know, blogs are just not as interesting without pictures.

Oh, and apropos of nothing, this guy is a pompous arse. I get that there are innovators in every possible venue, and I know how it feels when something you've loved for a long time (hello, original Johnny Depp stalker here!) is suddenly appropriated by posers and dilettantes, but you don't have to be such an ass about it. Or, you can be an ass all you want, but don't then go crying to the very people you mock by submitting questions to their yahoo knit groups.

I'm just sayin'.

4 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

Oooo, don't let Miss Kendra find out that you weren't in SD on Friday night . . .

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

too late.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

He may be an ass but Holy Shit can he knit.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yes, he can. We will grant him that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home