MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

12 September 2006

September 11, 2006 - A Haiku

In obeisance to the inimitable Lucia (who currently has a new hat pattern calculator up on her site!),

I wore too cute shoes.
No clue I would work so late.
My dogs are barking.

I was here until after 8 last nite. Those of you who have real jobs and are paid a "salary" won't understand what all the hubbub's about. But those of you like me, who are on an 8-hour day work schedule, will understand how significant this is. Unfortunately, this significance won't translate to any noticeable increase in my paycheck. But it has earned me a few brownie points with the BossMan. Good timing, too. Although annual reviews are over, its wrapping paper sale time at Wee MonkeyGurrl's school. . .

2 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

As an hourly gal who left her office at 8:25 last night, I hear ya, sista.

Sensible shoes, or slippers under the desk.

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Great Haiku! I TOTALLY understand! Flats for me on those heavy, filing and Xeroxing days!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home