MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

02 August 2006

Stop Looking At My Butt



The tail end (sans tail) of the weebil I made with the left over yarn from

sprocks.

This is her face:


Pretty fricking cute, but that may just be my opinion.

I just love these amigurumi guys. They are fast, fun and since it's all free-form, there are NO RULES. The only problem is, crochet really lends itself to the art (knitting would include counting and figuring and general *MATH* skills - ugh), but crochet just KILLS my wrist. Even this little tyke, who only took a few hours, almost broke me. But it was so worth the effort.

I gave her a flat butt (Dster, after all, is white) for sitting and a ruffle skirt for style. The ears are purposely uneven (hope you could tell with my fuzzy pix), and her head egg-like in nature. She kinda reminds me of a sweet version of Brain.

Pinky: Gee, Brain, what are we going to do tonight?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world!

4 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

Brain: are you thinking what i'mm thinking?

Pinky: i think so, brain, but how are we going to get leather pants in our size?

 
At 4:03 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Miss K - just another reason why I love you!

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Amirigumi rock. One day, they will inherit the earth.

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if crochet bothers your wrist or hands, try one of those foam sleeves that go over the hook or one of the Clover crochet hooks with the flat handles (the anodized gold hook w/ the flat plastic handle). It really makes a difference!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home