MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

23 August 2006

Isn't It Ironic

So, I broke down and busted open one of those yummy rice candy boxes. Relax, there are only four pieces in each box.

But proof that things were better when we were kids - although they still have the melt-away inner rice paper wrapping, they feel the need to EXPLAIN it to you on the box. That was part of the beauty - watching some neophyte attempt to peel off said inner wrapper. Good times.

And the outer wrapper was something akin to wax paper - you know, like good, old-fashioned tootsie rolls. Now, they have some repugnant cellophaney outer wrapper. Like the kind that wraps the pre-made cheap baskets you can get for $15 at Costco. Blech.

Worst of all, they used to have TOYS inside. Little tiny plastic cars or dolls or some other ONE INCH TOY. How cool is that? Now, they have stickers. Or, in this case temporary tattoos (WeeMonkeyGirl doesn't like 'em, and I hardly need 'em!).

This is what I got (minus the bird, which would have made it cool)

6 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger WineGrrl said...

I can score some of that candy for you if you ever run out from my Japanese Membership Store.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Uccellina said...

I think your egg donor planted that.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Barely related note: When I was 14, a recently-paroled felon had the hots for me and was actively pursuing a relationship until my brother took him into the woods near our house and kicked the shit out of him. No kidding--you could hear his screams echoing on the wind.

Anywho, he had a prison-made tattoo of "mom" but he did it himself, and did it upside down, so it read "wow." MOM tats always remind me of that loser.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

there's always room for more.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Wino - Thanks for the offer, but I *ONLY* get my rice candy from Hawaii. (I joke; that's the kind of smarmy thing my egg donor would say, if she ever admitted to actually consuming candy.)

Ucc - I think you're right. Just to f*ck with my head.

LA - You're lucky; my brother would have handed me over with a ribbon. And beer.

Miss K - yes, there is. Always. But not THAT one.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Looks like the candy went the way of Cracker Jacks, cereal and even fast food with the toys, they all got cheap and flimsy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home