MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

28 July 2006

The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions

Or, Why I Did Not Make it to Stitch-n-Bitch AGAIN

Christ. I just can't catch a break here. I miss my knitting friends. I *need* to hang out, have a cider, and stitch and bitch.

Last week? It took me an hour and a half to get home from the Monkey's school (where she is attending summer camp). It should take 15 minutes, it usually takes a half hour. By the time I got home, I was sooooo wiped out, I just could not summon the strength to get on the road again, knowing full well I'd have to deal with that particular level of hell on earth, parking at the Farmers' Market.

So this week, planning ahead, I convinced the Jman that he could pick up the weeMonkeyGurl. Considering I take her there and bring her home EVERY FRICKIN DAY, he could do it once. That's what I get for reasoning he could pull his weight. He got in a frickin accident. Sunset, man; it's a beeyotch even when you know the road, but there's some sort of tennis tourney at UCLA attracting all sorts of out-of-towners.

He's fine, his jeep is fine, and the person that hit him has insurance, but DAMN. He was too shook up to pick up the Monkey, so of course, I did. And now he's all whining about his neck and being cranky with ME because I'm trying to get him a new car (the jeep is not safe, reliable nor economical, but it was free).

Just can't get good help these days.

On a knitting note, I want to make something for the Camp Director, who is also the Drama teacher/coach/etc. at wee MonkeyGurrl's camp. Does anyone have any suggestions? I made her a funky scarf last year; I'm thinking something unusual, practical, quick to knit, etc. Lemme know what you think.

3 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

glad every one is ok... we missed you!

you should knit and felt a megaphone thingy.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

How about a handbag or a felted bowl, like in the One Skein book. I have the book and can copy the pattern for you, if you like.


If you come next week, make sure you're prettified. We may be on the Megan Mulally Show. (Karen from Will & Grace)

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger Maggie The LadyHawk said...

I also think a purse type thingy would make for a good gift. Perhaps the "Drew String Purse" from The Crochet Dude's website?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home