MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

19 June 2006

Happy Pappy Day, 06

Well this was fun. I got my package out to my pops in time for FedEx on Friday (the folks currently live in Hawaii), but I just found out this a.m. that they are buying (yet another) house in NorCal. He says "this is the last one", but I've heard that before.

Anyhoo, the package had some loverly shots of the Wee MonkeyGurl, plus a knitted item for Pops. Faith asked me at SnB last week *why* I was knitting this for my dad for Fathers' Day. My response? "Because its funny."

See, as a career Marine, Pops never did have much hair, but as he gets older, I can tell that the buzzcut is a little. . . thinner than before. And since I knew they were getting a place in NorCal (where temps are much colder than Hawaii or Florida), I figured he'd need a little something to keep his head warm. But I couldn't make my Pops any old hat. Not for the King of Pun. (I once sent him a card which read, "Happy Farters' Day"; when I was in HS, I would give him the ugliest, gaudiest ties I could find - and this was in the 80's, people!!) And so I knit him (drumroll, please):



Knitty's HALLOWIG!!! (as always, modeled by the amazingly cute wee monkeygurl!)


Yeah, she's a ham. But at least she's more animated than Head.



So, for the Jman, in addition to the privilege of being WMG's father, he was taken to see a movie tailor-made for him. Gawd. It only reinforced my practice of napping while he and the WMG go to the movies.

Plus, I was caught smootching with my boyfriend.

(yes, if there's a camera around, WMG will be in front of it!)

Hey, you make me get out of bed before noon on a weekend, you have to deal with the consequences.

4 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Excellent job on the Hallowig!!! Did you make yourself another one to wear for the WeHo SnB Wig Night this Thursday????

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

EB, you are such a mind reader. I was making one, but I think I might not get to wear it. I may bring a special guest, the one that commissioned it!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Pops will love it! Uh, can we have a SnB in Hawaii before they move?

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

I love the Hallowig and think it's the perfect gift. Maybe we're both a bit twisted in our taste though. Ya think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home