MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

12 May 2006

Tuesday, March 16 - Support Your Local Music Scene!!!

Okay. Because there is no way in heck I can make it to the Hot Mama Ink launch party, I've committed to support the local music scene here in LA. I seldom get a chance to just go out and have fun, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Daniel Davis, a fellow cube-slave and friend, is a singer/songwriter in his real life. His sound has been described as "bluesy rock", sort of a Ben Harper/Dave Matthews/Jack Johnson vibe.

He did a showcase two weeks ago at The Joint, and Management was impressed. So they gave him another show - this TUESDAY, MAY 16. Because most of his friends are cube-slaves, he finagled the 8pm slot. If he has a good turnout, he gets a show at the Viper Room (which, as everyone knows, is owned(?) by Johnny Depp, who, as everyone also knows, is my greatest love. See the connection?!)

I spoke with a few friends (Lady L, Miss K, Briana) who I thought would be interested, but I know there are more (Darcy, Ellen, Faith, Lauri Ann, Sachi, and *most especially the-only-one-that-really-loves-me*-but-hasn't-been-to-SnB-for-two-weeks-so-she-can-understand-why-I-*might*-have-forgotten-to-add-her-name, UCCELLINA, etc.) that I would like to see there.

If you do go, please tell them at the door that you are there to see Bo (his son's name) Davis. I'm definitely going to be there. Hey, there's alcohol and music. I may even try to sneak in my knitting.

4 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) Does that mean you wanna go? I just wanted to make you beg. . .

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

I read a Peanuts cartoon once in which Charlie Brown said to Snoopy, "Dogs don't eat dessert!"

As the bald boy walked away, Snoopy thought sadly, "But they like to be asked."

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

OH GAWD, you're breaking my heart!!! So much so I had to update the post!!!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I'll be flirting with my English teacher, er, I mean diligently learning Advanced Punctuation and Transcript Production on Tuesday, but thanks for thinking of me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home