MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

05 May 2006

Sink O Day My Oh!

I got nuttin.

A few notes: Darcy brought cupcakes to SnB last nite. WITH sprinkles. They were YUMMY!!!

Satchi got a very cool new camera for her birdday. Go check out the photos.

Uhm. . . Kendra has gyna issues.

I've had a twitch under my left eye for 2 weeks. I'm beginning to resemble (ever more strongly) that crazy old cat lady that used to live next door to us when I was young. Pretty soon I'm gonna have to start knitting toilet tissue cozies and screaming at kids to stay off my non-existent lawn.

OH, and something interesting - Due to a very insightful (yet lighthearted) discussion at SnB last nite, and an in-depth article in this month's Vanity Fair about global warming, plus the fact that gas is ridiculously expensive, I am going to try to start taking THE BUS to work, 3 (or more?) days a week. I'm not big on public transportation personally (although I do commend others that use it), so this is a big step for me. I figure, between the additional knitting time and the fact that I will be *on* the bus instead of avoiding getting hit by one, it should be a good thing.

I'll keep ya posted.

4 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Having been the Queen of MTA for 11 years, I have this advice for you:
Watch out for Sandy Brown, the homeless man with the two GIANT duffle bags. He will take up 16 seats and piss you off.
LOOK BEFORE YOU SIT. So important, I cannot stress it enough.
If you sit on one of the sideways bench seats, make sure you protect your boobs, because I can't tell you how many times men have "accidentally" touched my boobs when the bus lurches and you're as endowed if not more so than I.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) That is excellent advice, and I'll be sure to use it if/when I actually make it on the bus. Wussed out this morning. I can't help it - its the one thing that scares me the most! But I'll keep trying.

Thanks.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Dude, let me know how the bus adventure goes. Hey, it was so great to see you at SNB. If my job doesn't freak out into much overtime this week, I'll be there this Thursday as well! Woo Hoo!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Oh man, Sandy Brown will smack you in the face with those nasty bags and I bet he has money stashed in that mess too. I am used to the bus and now that my car is fixed I don't want to pay to re-register it, insure it and paying for gas is just adding insult to injury! I love the DASH bus too, it's only .25 cents! Take knitting and headphones and just block out the rest for $1.25 or $3 for all day trips and metro subway too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home