MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

08 May 2006

Muthaz Day 06

Well, got the MD06 gift completed. Of course, she'll hate it. She hates everything (and everyone). But at least I've completed MY end of the bargain.

It was based on a FREE PATTERN on Patons website. I added a ruffle on the bottom (the original just kind of. . . stopped) and did i-cord (rather than a crochet chain) for the drawstring. I also omitted the gratuitous fuzzy yarn, since I don't like it, and neither does my egg donor.


Whatever. She can wear it in the evenings. Or, more likely, not at all.


Here it is, as modeled by the finally-defanged monkeychild.





I think I got the better (and cheaper!) model.








For *MY* mothers' day gift, I got a weekend filled with the wee MonkeyGurrl telling me how I basically fail her in all meaningful areas. Plus, I make her do all the work (4 things over two days! Oh, the horror!!!) Still, the first thing she did this morning when she woke up is check under her pillow, to see if the Tooth Fairy paid a visit. Surprisingly, she did.

Boy, that kid has some kind of luck.

7 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Deneen said...

She's adorable and looks to be the same age as mine. Trust me, mine is a pisser and has lots of "not so cute moments".

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

Love your creation better and how darn cute is your wee one!

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

The wee monkey looks good in your creation. I say let her keep it and tell the egg donor to suck eggs.

We appreciate you.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

What a pretty monkey! And a pretty monkey mama :-)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Y'all are way too kind, but I'll take it!!!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger JenL said...

So what is the tooth fairy paying these days?

She's incredibly cute in your creation. I too think she should keep it.

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought since you like Monkeys, you might be interested in checking this out:
http://www.donaldrollerwilson.com/

Best, Bri's Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home