MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

17 May 2006

MD06 - Update

So, I got a call from my egg donor on Muthaz Day. She said she really liked the wrap and will use it when they get thier house in SF. She sounded less than convincing, but. . . Eh. Whatever.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, what did *I* get for MD?! Oh, HOH! I got the pirate's bounty of treasures. First, I got to sleep in until 2pm. Yummy. Then, I had freshly made (okay, out of a box) pancakes (there was fruit, too, but they were. . . past their prime). Then, I got a loverly piece of artwork by the MonkeyGurrl, with "coupons" - one good for a day full of kisses, one for a day full of hugs, etc. Cute.

Afterward, I took the MG to get her hair did. It was a bit traumatic. At the first place we went, the person "assisting" us was rude, obnoxious and went outside TWICE to answer her cell phone, so we left and I had to explain to the MG why we had to leave. She was upset, but quickly recovered when she got a HelloKitty purse and sunglasses (I'm such a soft touch!), and a new pair of sneaks (that she really needed).



We went to another place and the the woman was totally sweet and nice and indulgent.



I was just cracking up because the MG looked so tiny and skeered.







But she finally got the bangs she's been bugging me for. A true diva, no doubt.


But, as we all know, beauty comes with a price:



And then she saw Akeelah and the Bee with the Jman (migraine prevented me from attending). Excellent movie. Highly recommended.

All in all, it was a pretty good day - that concluded with Housewives, Grey's Anatomy and my own, personal SWEET POTATO PIE with copious amounts of whipped cream.

5 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

MG looks mahvelous!

Glad you had a wonderful day...

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I used to love salon days with my mommy. You made me homesick. :( But the wee one is adorable.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

You are one lucky maternal unit (to use Our Lady's words). The pumpkin pie looks faboo.

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Uccellina said...

So. Um. Where you at, lady?

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Uccellina said...

'Allloooooooooooooooo?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home