MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

28 April 2006

I missed SnB for THIS?!

Oh, I do hate when I miss the congenial gathering of like-minded knitters at the Farmers Market on 3rd. Mostly because I've never known such a bigger group of co-dependent enablers with a sick sense of humor. Also because of the cute bartender at the bar downstairs.

But alas and alack, parental duties superseded (doesn't happen often so. . .) I had to go to the wee Monkeygurrl's "Open House". [unrelated note, can ritz crackers go bad? I just had a bite of one and it tasted distinctively. . . vegetative.] For the most part, it had too many kids, too many parents, too many pleas for too much money. And it was not very entertaining.

But there was this.



Supa scary chick. She wore (over otherwise unremarkable, NORMAL clothing) a sort of ponchette, with attached superthick cowl/turtleneck and GAUNTLETS. It was all very chain mail-y, which normally I would have liked, but done in yarn? Ohhhhhhhhhkaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. [my apologies to Miss K and her unparalleled MS Paint expertise. This was my first and possibly, final attempt. Too back I couldn't get a real picture of her!!!]

But I got a great shot of the wee Monkeygurrl and her snaggletooth. Not nearly as cute as Royboy, but still, kinda cute.

For a monkey.


(that tooth is *so* coming out this weekend!)

7 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

Psst! I need your email addy. Drop me a line.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

There used to be this lady in my elementary school who pulled all of our teeth out for us. When you had a loose one, you went to her, and she'd either wiggle it out manually or tie it to the doorknob and slam the door. I LOVED her.

 
At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, man! Your little monkey face is so cute! And I got sniffly to see Roy looking so big and healthy in that picture... sniffle. sniff.

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

As Kendra pointed out to me last week, the worse your MS Paint ability, the better the pictures. I love the scary hair to go along with the scary ponchette.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Po' leetle Royboy. I'd send bacon if I thought it would help. We have *turkey* bacon now. Probably not a lot healthier, but we feel better about it.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I didn't know you were an artist!
SnB did miss you indeed AND there was even talk of lessons in pastie twirling, ahem, for some anyway.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

So . . . the tooth? Is it out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home