MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

26 April 2006

I HEART CHRIS DAUGHTRY

Dirty little secret no. 52,367: I watch AI. I try every season not to get sucked in, but the auditions are just too damned funny. And there is sometimes(if I'm lucky) one person in the audition process that catches my eye.

Witness: CHRIS. Uh, YUM.

I love Chris. I've loved him since he first swaggered onto that tiny little stage with his straw cowboy hat and worn-in blue jeans. I love the way he gives himself over completely and totally to the passion of his music. I love the way he shoots me that fleeting smile and the dimple in his right cheek deepens. I love the way his gravelly voice makes me tingle in all my secret places.



Now, I don't love him in the "Gee, he's a great singer. I hope he makes it to Hollywood" kinda way. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, sir. I love him in the "DAMN. I'd do any sort of nasty, naughty thing that man ever dreamed about" sort of way. In the "I know he's in love with his wife and a proud father, but I can't help melting into a simmering puddle of goo when he walks on the stage" kinda way. In the "I'd like to give that bal' head a special kind of shine" sort of way.

A friend of mine just got a job at a law firm. She was talking with the office manager when they saw him in the lobby. As she was telling me about it, I asked, "Did you tell him how much I love him?" "But, D., he had just walked in and I don't even work there yet!" "BUT DID YOU TELL HIM HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM?!?!?!"



Taylor Hicks - I've always loved you and your quirky cool ways. You looked more like Clooney and less like Leno last nite.



Paris, you are so frickin adorable and talented. You really deserve to win.


Bucky, I couldn't help but love you, even tho I'm not a big fan of the country music. I miss you.





But Chris. I'd ravage you nine ways to Sunday and go back for more.

4 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

wanna arm wrestle for him!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Back off babe. I outweigh you by at least 50 lbs. He's mine!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger JenL said...

I'm with you on the Chris love. Maybe I could just borrow him one day a month? But I hate hate HATED the song he did on Wednesday. He did fine but that song makes my ears bleed. Hurray for Tivo and the ability to skip all the painful parts of the show like Paula's judging and Kellie's singing.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

Oh sad, sad day, that giveth me knitting, but no monkeygurrrrl love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home