MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

17 April 2006

Hello Kitty Happy Bunny

Hi!!!

Remember me? I used to live here.

Actually, things are *still* crazy as all get-out. I'm trying to keep my head above water at work, but it doesn't help that everyone here seems to be going out on crazyleave. Damn my catholic upbringing. I just can't bring myself to do the same.

On a knitting note, I did finish some items since my last post. The favorite by far is my Hello Kitty Happy Bunny. It started off here, but that was so ding-danged TINY I couldn't stand it. So, of course, I completely disregarded the directions and went off on my own. No wonder I'm always getting lost.

Anyway, I decided that what makes a toy particularly cute is a big, fat head. So I have her one. And I really like the ears from Kate, so I gave her a pair of those. And everyone's wearing shrugs these days, so why not HKHB?! The finished object reminded me of Happy Bunny, a deliciously subversive piece of pop art, and hence her name.

However, she was gifted to the Wee MonkeyGurrl, who promptly christened her "Bunny", which I suppose is more simple. Said Wee MonkeyGurrl was thrilled beyond words to finally get a finished item that was intended specifically for her from her pathetically lacking mom, and took to Bunny immediately. Already Bunny is showing signs of best-loved-toy-status, so I guess maybe I should make her something more often? Hmmmmmm.

Bunny Front With Monkey Pals


Bunny Butt With Monkey Pals






A Really Happy Monkey With Bunny Pal!!!

5 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger JenL said...

So super cute! I love that your Wee MonkeyGurrl has made Bunny her new best friend. That's fantastic.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

she's super cute.

i love the bunny. i want a toy with a giant head.

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

I'm so glad you're back. I was about to tie a whisky barrel around Jags' neck and go out looking for you.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I have a big head but I guess I am not so fuzzy...but the bunny is super cute! Loves it.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) NO ONE's head is bigger than mine. And I don't mean that in a figurative way. I sincerely have a freakishly large cranium.

I blame my mother.

(I probably had encephalitis as a young'un and she refused to seek treatment.)

That's my reality and I'm sticking with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home