MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

20 March 2006

We Interrupt This Knitting Project. . .

For yet another knitting project!!! No, really.

Remember my Olympic Sweater? Only one sleeve and a collar to go? The one I was ACTUALLY GOING TO COMPLETE, without any interruptions from ANY other projects?! Wellllllllllllllll.... Since the Olympics were over, and this was an important interruption, I cast the sweater aside. "JUST FOR THIS PROJECT". (heh. famous last words.)

My girlfriend, who was the enthusiastic recipient of a baby set (blanket, hat, sweater), invited me to her daughter's 1st birthday party. Well, since she has been *so* supportive and encouraging of my knitting, I couldn't NOT make Baby E a birthday present, right?

So. For two weeks (from the time I found out about the party to the morning of the party) I worked diligently on my not-project project. I decided to make an "adapted" Kate from Knitty, a "modified" Basil, from the Knitting Fiend, and an "altered" Bear (who actually turned out to be Blue Man in Pink Sweater.

This was my first foray into knitting toys, and I think I'm totally and completely infatuated. They were so much fun. They made me laugh when I looked at 'em, even 'tho I wasn't happy with my mad knitting skillz in the construction. Maybe if I set more realistic deadlines in the future (yeah, like THAT's gonna happen!), I'll be more pleased with the outcome. However, Baby E's momma came up to me first thing this morning and effused about how thrilled she was with the pressies. I won't bore you with all the enthusiastic compliments, but she actually convinced me she was sincere.

As always, sorry for the crappy pix, but the Jman is just too busy picking his nose to take pictures for me, so I have to rely on my cell phone.

4 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

Oh so very cute. I 'specially like the mousie.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

you did so great! i love them.

i want to make things.

sigh.

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger LadyLinoleum said...

Adorable! They are fun! You go girl with your creature knitting!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Bri Ana said...

I totaly need a bumper sticker that says :"JUST FOR THIS PROJECT".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home