MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

24 March 2006

We Ho, We Ho. It's off to knit we go.

So, I went to the WeHo ("West Hollywood") SnB (STITCH AND BITCH) last nite. It was quite a turnout. I find it infinitely amusing that even tho my friends mock me for knitting (something they consider an "old women's" hobby), I am one of the oldest ones there. Of course, there are always fun conversations going on, and I have to admit, I bitch more than I stitch. I guess since its the only social interaction I have outside of work, and I'm starting to feel comfortable with this bunch, I really take advantage of it. And the cider from the cute bartender doesn't hurt, either.

Of course, it also helps that I'm getting to know a lot of these women through their blog/websites. As a matter of fact, last nite, I got to see the barbeque wrap up close and personal!!
See?! I don't just make this shit up. Also making its debut was the pimento loaf. You just have to see it to understand.

In attendance were the ever-present Miss Kendra, the eternally amusing Ellen Bloom, sweet and unassuming Uccellina, model extraordinaire, Briana, "Yes, I really DO have a real job!", Faith, and All The Way From Encino, Sachi!. Plus a few others who's blogs I can't recall right now, or are {gasp!} un-techno-savvy, or just plain aren't exhibitionists like we all are. Right guys?!

Anyhoo, the mood was light, the conversation jumping and the crowd oh so diverse. I had a great time, and I think I may be making this a regular thing.

12 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i want a better description than "ever present."

i DEMAND it, or i will touch you.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

The ever-present, can't-stop-looking-at-my-boobs-to-save-her-life, old soul, twin-sister-of-a-nutha (yet equally psycho) mutha, the inimitable, Miz K.

Howzzat?!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

but you can still touch me.

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

LMAO!!!! You guys rock! I had so much fun hanging with you guys. You make me sad that I'll be moving at the end of the summer. 8 years in LA and I finally meet people I dig. Now I'm leaving. *pout*

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger DarcyArtsy said...

I hang head in shame, I have missed SnB and the BBQ wrap! Damn.
I just have to say you are a rockstar for getting all those prom gowns! I'll see you Thurs.

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Uccellina said...

"Sweet and unassuming"? My god. I have to work on my presentation.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Uccellina said...

And on my use of punctuation.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i'm still gonna touch you.

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Sachi said...

I'll hold her down for you.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

"Eternally Amusing" is the best compliment that anyone EVAH gave me! Thanks, Your Monkeyness!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out - I'm actually posting from my real job!!! Now, back to work cube monkey!!!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Maddie said...

SnB looks like so much fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home