MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

08 March 2006

Is it Wangsday Already?!

Oh. My. Dog. It has been a helluva week. I haven't had the opportunity to blogsurf and post like I want to. In the little I *have* been able to read, it looks like this is a common problem. But I have lots I want to tell you about - pretty much the reason why I'm still recovering from the weekend.

On Saturday, we did the photo shoot for Hot Mama. I hope to have some pictures for you soon. But let me first warn you - I am truly and invariably horrible in pictures. I'm not all that great in real life, but the camera seems to capture a side of me that I really don't want to see. This is *NOT* an obvious plea for assurances to the contrary, so please don't waste your time commenting on that. But feel free to COMMENT ALL YOU LIKE. BECAUSE I LIKEE THE COMMENTS!!!!

Then, the wee MonkeyGurl got ill. My poor child was shootin' projectile chunks at everyone in the vicinity late Saturday nite. Not pretty. But the funniest thing about it was the Jman (yes, the same one that FAINTED when I got my epidural) - he was *literally* gagging and coughing when asked to assist in the clean-up. Can you say "WUSS"?!?!?! Yes, I know you can. But say it anyway, just to make me happy.

Of course, after presenting me with the opportunity to do laundry at midnight, and nearly incapacitating her father, said wee MonkeyGurl slept like the proverbial baby. And felt well enough to play in her softball game on Sunday. I swear, there is nothing more endearing than watching otherwise graceful and clever little girlies scramble like puppies for a ball that continues to elude them. Their feet are too big and their uniforms are too floppy and one of these days, I'm going to dig out the ol' videocam so I can win $10,000 on AFV.

To celebrate, in his wisdom, dear babydaddy bought the wee MonkeyGurl a cheeseburger and curly fries, which, of course, revisited me early Monday morning.

Oy.

But two days home from school and the wee one is biting at the bit to be back in action (how's that for some fancy alliteration?!). She went to school this a.m. (complete with make-shift barf bag, just in case) and I haven't gotten a call from the office, so I imagine she's doing well. YAY MONKEYGURL!!!!

Tonite is Lost, tomorrow is WeHo SnB - which I'm hoping to make because I have at least 3 gowns to contribute (see below). And as requested, they are of the more "ample" variety. Because, obviously, they were bought to contain me (but just barely!) If you have anything, please consider contributing. I know it will be much appreciated.



Lori wrote:

Hi all,

The Miracles of Hope Network is collecting prom gowns, shoes, and
evening bags to send to high school students who lost everything in
Hurricane Katrina. The Miracles of Hope Network is sponsoring an
entire prom for one New Orleans high school including the prom space,
band etc. and they are trying to get swanky dresses and tuxes for the
students.

Since we crafters love to hang on to pretty things, we all probably
have at least one glitzy dress that either doesn't fit or we have no
place to wear it but it's just too pretty to part with. Now's the
perfect time to donate those dresses and purses and shoes and make
someone's senior prom memorable for all the right reasons in a year
that has been memorable for so many wrong reasons. And you'll have
room to store more yarn!

There will be a collection box at the Thursday night WeHo SnB
meeting at 3rd and Fairfax, 7-9pm. Dresses/shoes/purses will be
collected until mid-April and then shipped off. If you can't make it
to the Thursday night meetings, items can be shipped directly to:

Denise Marhoefer
Miracles of Hope Network
12064 Ulrich Road
Losantville IN 47354

For more info, check out the Miracles of Hope webpage at:

www.miracles-of-hope.com

Thanks for helping with this effort!


Message: 8

Something to add to this that we don't always think about....

They NEED large sizes....the bigger the better (size 16 to size 28) Plus size dresses are especially hard to come by for these charity drives and are often the first to go. Especially in Louisana which has a substantial african american population.

Add to that they need LARGE SHOES (size 9, 10, 11 and 12). *lol* I donate my old stuff to working wardrobes and their Cinderella Project usually because I'm a hefty henrietta that has canoe feet and I know the need.

4 Comments:

At 4:09 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

Awww. Poor pukey baby. And poor pukey-cleany-uppy Daddy and Mommy.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

I'm surprised that the person who posted about 'large size' prom dresses didn't get dissed. She was really generalizing saying that the Af-Am population is large-sized. Ugh.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Yeah, I was kinda suprised by that as well - she could have just said "large sizes are needed" and left it at that. But I'm not one to moderate someone else's words. Unless it benefits me, of course.

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i have some shoes i could bring.

i will look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home