MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

10 March 2006

Good People, Swell Dresses

Just when I am ready to give up on society (because, let's face it, most people are stupid and mean), people surprise me.

The email I received about putting on a prom for Katrina Kids really touched me. I had my few dresses, but thought I could do more. So I passed it along to some of the staff at FatCatLawFirm. Note, while we are probably on the higher end of the salary scale, its not like we are attorneys. None of us has full time nannies or housekeepers or truly extravagant automobiles. But clearly, we do have the giving gene.

Most people I spoke with told me how much they loved their soon-to-be-discarded items. They were associated with special memories or were purchased for an amount that seemed overwhelming at the time. Amortized over the years they were kept in the back closet, they still were a sizable investment. But still, when learning of the plans of Miracles, they brought them in the next day. Like me, they wanted to do something that would mean a lot, and I think they've achieved that.

I am impressed, humbled, and proud of my co-workers.



And the wee MonkeyGurl likes 'em too.

8 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

did you go last night?

i was not feeling well.

i will try to send in my shoes.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Chase Squires said...

Hi Gurl! .. hey, didja see I was first on CAP today ... damn shame I didn't have anything to say ...

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Miss K - I did not go last nite, I also was not feeling well! How *ironic* CAP decided to go.

Chase - I did indeed see you were first. How *ironic* this was probably only time IN YOUR LIFE you were speechless!

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

We missed both MonkeyGurrrl and Kendra last night at the WeHo SnB!! Everyone was commenting on your absence! Yeah, I'm the 'paranoid pusher' today! See you next week, Goils!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Uccellina said...

Wow. If I actually knew anyone at MegaFirm well enough to e-mail them, I would do so. I'm glad your peeps over in the C-City are good humans.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I *cannot* believe Miz K wasn't there. She, like, NEVAH not goes.

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are lovely and ... look at the baby Monkey!!!! So cute.

What the he-double-hockey-sticks is Chase doing here? LOL

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I stalk Chase. He's an offshoot from stalking you, CAP. I'm an all-purpose stalker. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home