MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

03 January 2006

What's gnu with you?

Saw an interesting movie this weekend. While the lunatics went off to see Narnia, an overwhelming need to decompress caused me to stay home and watch the lady and the duke. Never mind that its in French (subtitles) and the dialogue is artificial and stodgy. Never mind that I was knitting at the time and may have missed key elements of the story - the segues, which consisted of almost comical, pre-talkie type text would jump anywhere between 3 months and several years. Never mind that most of the characters were indistinguishable and interchangeable. I still really liked the film and find myself re-analyzing it. I don't know why; it is basically an abysmal film. Maybe its just a french thing.

So. Happy New Year. For our new year's pleasure, we were visited by half of the San Diego clan (2 adults, 2 pre-teen girls and 1 hyper pit). In our 2 br crappy little apartment. Nice. Oh, and b/c of the "storm"? No hot water on NYE. And no electricity for several hours yesterday. Gotta love LA DWP.

I finished the cap to go with Olivia's Haiku sweater. They are both silly and fun. Hopefully, I'll have pictures soon.

2006 is supposed to be a good year - I was really feeling it Saturday nite. But I kinda lost that hopeful feeling coming back to work this morning. Nothing like a good dose of reality to send you careening back down to earth.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

reality bites.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home