MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

25 January 2006

I Gotta New Pattern!!!!

Okay. I've been coveting this sweater



for EVER. Or at least, since it looked like this:

.

Of course, I'm not exactly an in-great-shape petite blonde, but I still hope it'll look cute on me.

Plus, it helps that it's top-down circular, since, like all most knitters I've ever heard discuss the subject, I HATE SEAMS. Actually, Wendy not only is a prolific knitter, but also happens to have one of the cutest little monkeygurls EVER.

See?!







Makes my ovaries hurt.

Anyway, she's constantly designing her own stuff and knitting with a speed I can only dream of. I've decided to enter this as my event in the knitting olympics. (I know, I'm a total sheep. But I proving I *can* join groups, as long as its relatively anonymous.) Since I started knitting, I've completed NOTHING for me. (well, save for a few scarves that are embarrassing but functional.) Nothing ever really called to me like this sweater does, so it will be a challenge not only in the actual knitting, but in the seemingly selfish endeavor, because I've also challenged myself to use some yarn other than LB, RH, or my new favorite, WalMart's own brand of acraplic yarn. (Actually, it's not bad to knit with and I'm currently working on a pair of convertible mittens for the wee Monkeygurl that she requested. Pink, natch.)

4 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

i like that sweater! where is the pattern from?

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

You can actually buy it off Wendy's site. Go to http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2005/12/the_somewhat_co.html. She takes paypal or credit card. She's in LA, so you might be able to purchase it in person if you're not comfortable with the on-line buying thing. AND, she's working on another sweater ("something red") that looks to be as cute, if not cuter. (http://www.knitandtonic.typepad.com)

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Denise!
Love that new pattern. Come back to the WeHo SnB so we can watch your progression!!!! We miss you.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Clare - What yarn are you using?! Please tell me there's an affordable, equally beautiful sub for BS A/S!!!

Ellen - SOON! I swear. It's been crazy with back-to-school and the Jman's Bdday, but hopefully, I'll see y'all SOON!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home