MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

20 December 2005

Yay For Us

Okay, normally I don't discuss politics (mostly because my closest friends run the gamut from fascist conservatives to bleeding heart liberals), but today's district court decision that teaching what is essentially creationism in a public school science class is untenable restores my faith in our society. It seems that we are so often polarized by political, religious or cultural differences that there is no hope for homogeneity. Regardless of whether one believes in Intelligent Design or Evolution (which are *not* mutually exclusive), a thinking mind can't help but admit such arguments do not belong in the classroom. Otherwise, we'd have to give equal time to the flying spaghetti monster, with which I would be amenable, but then where does it end?! I'm sure I won't make any friends with this post, but I felt strong enough about it to commit it to writing.

So when the NSA arrests me for activities unbecoming an American citizen, you'll have to remind them that I supported Judge Jones' desicision, despite him being a Bush appointee.

2 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Hey Girl, this has nothing to do with your blog entry, but as a blog stalker I thought you should know this. I was in the ladies room of the Laemmle Sunset 5 last night and found a flier taped to the wall (which ticked me off 'cause I used to work there) for "My lil' friend tampon cases" available online at www.munkeygirl.com. Naturally, I thought of you right away, but you're an O Monkey and U gurl not a U Munkey, I girl. I feel a rumble for nickname infringement coming on. I'd be pretty mad, if it were mine name being filched by some overglorified make-up case selling wench.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

:) You don't know how happy it makes me to know someone is looking out for me. Believe me, if I ever got out enough to check out a movie theater, I would *definitely* take it up with Ms. munkeygirl. Hah. She don't even know how to spell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home