MonkeyGurlKnits

Gin. Knitting. Monkeys. What more could you ask for?!

09 November 2005

I *am* insane

An excerpt of an email chain I was exchanging with my doctor-BFF today, discussing the refill of a prescription. Please note, grammatical errors and misspellings are *intended*. I need more medication.

"Apropos of nothing, I noticed my [unnamed] prescritshun says "refill until 9/29/2005". Do you think they'll sweat me for a new prescritshun? I just worry b/c sometimes they call and leave a message with your nurse and you never get the message and so I don't get my refill and then I start being overwhelmed by run-on sentences, which of course, drive everyone crazy even if they tend to do the same thing, but its okay for them but not for me because, of course, I have a tendency to hold myself to a higher standard as if that could somehow compensate for my low self esteem, which as you know is directly attributable to my upbringing, which is why I'm on the medication ANYWAY. . ."

To which he responded with some doctor-ly type advice, offering to call in a prescription.

"well, I haven't really decided if I wanted a new prescritshun, although I'm pretty sure the last time you called it in was less than a year ago, that's why it really surprised me to see that particulate date, but I'm trying to decide what pharmacy I want to keep the prescritshun at because it seems we (i.e., JMan) only go to Ralphs expressly for that prescritshun b/c the Vons across the street is just too darned convenient and since I do absolutely none of the food shopping any more and JMan has no compunction against going to Vons (I didn't like it b/c it had too many people buying pork rinds with foodstamps, if ya know what I mean, not that I have anything against pork rinds OR foodstamps, per se, but I figure if your getting foodstamps you should at least be buying something HEALTHY) and they never seemed to stock whatever it was I needed but now they do, but I still am the one to do All the Target shopping and now THEY have a pharmacy, so I was thinking about going there, if only for the groovy-coolo prescritshun bottles they use but I'm not sure if they're very good and I'm pretty sure their hours suck but at least that will give me the impetus to go there more than once a month (not that I need to, but if I did, I would be eating a lot less of the fake cookies that Vons sells b/c those are like, wicked cheaper than the authentic ones, but Target has the real ones at the fake ones' price but they don't always stock them, so if I went more often, I'd have a better chance at getting them and then JMan wouldn't need to go to Vons so much) but I'm not sure if I want to because as I've gotten older, I've noticed that I'm more set in my ways and resistant to change (witness my computer inabilities and incapacity to keep up with what the kids are doing - I aint no hollah back gurl) so it kinda scares me b/c we've been going to that particulate Ralphs since we first moved here and it was some solace when we lived in that crack den on Mansfield, but we're not very far from that in the meth labs of Hayworth (it seems all the old movie stars do not make good streets, b/c Ogden was a very nice street in an extremely nice neighborhood and I really miss that house, and I don't know of any movie star named "ogden" but I have seen "ogden studios" so maybe it was a producer or director or something but that's something I should keep in mind the next time I'm searching for a place to live in los angeles. . ."

Clearly, as I no longer drink neither caffinated soda or coffee, I need more medication.

2 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger dizzy von damn! said...

you need more stitch n bitch.

despite my sicky, i will be there... consider it.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

Awwwwwwww. I wish I'd knowed. Okay, NEXT WEEK, fer-shur.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home